|Current News: (9/29 Apple Beta Updates, iOS Pixelmator 2.6, Other News)
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|Apple Beta Updates|
Current Developer Beta releases (from Sept. 29)
Apple also has Public betas. See Beta FAQ for info on joining or unenrolling.
- Xcode 12.2 beta 2 (12B5025f)
- macOS Big Sur 11 beta 9 (20A5384c)
- iOS 14.2 beta 2 (18B5061e)
- iPadOS 14.2 beta 2 (18B5061e)
- watchOS 7.1 beta 2 (18R5561e)
- tvOS 14.2 beta 2 (18K5036d)
(Public beta version updates are usually shortly after developer releases.)
|Nvidia Graphics Driver Update for macOS 10.13.6 (build w/Security Update 2020-005)|
Sept. 28, 2020 download page of graphics driver 318.104.22.168.40.139 for macOS 10.13.6.
(No build number listed, but assumed for Security Update 2020-005.)
As before, download page info includes this installation note.
"Installation Note: The installer requires System Preferences to be launched during the installation process. Do not manually close System Preferences until after clicking Allow in the Security & Privacy Preferences, later in the process.
The "Additional Information" tab on the download page has a step-by-step install guide.
The installer also requires rebooting the system after the installation process. Do not launch any other applications until the process is complete and the system has been rebooted.
New in Release 322.214.171.124.40.139"
(No new info, same notes on D/L page as previous drivers, so I won't repeat it here.)
If you can't select the page's 'Accept' terms/conditions button, here's a direct download link.
(As of post time, the above driver download page's CUDA link goes to CUDA 418.105 from Feb. 27th, 2019, but the latest Mac CUDA download as of 9/28/2020 is CUDA 418.163 from May 10th, 2019 - or check for a CUDA update in the Nvidia prefs.)
Previous macOS Nvidia drivers are on our Mac Nvidia Drivers downloads page.
|macOS 10.15.7, and Security Update 2020-005 for Mojave and High Sierra|
See details on fixes, and downloads of all the updates (including 10.15.7 Combo update).
(BTW: 10.15.7 includes the 2 bug fixes in Sept. 10th 10.15.6 build 19G2531 developer release.)
|Final Cut Pro X 10.4.10, Compressor 4.4.8, Motion 5.4.7, Pro Video Formats 2.1.3
|Xcode 12.0.1, iOS 14.0.1, iPadOS 14.0.1, tvOS 14.0.1, watchOS 7.0.1 updates released|
See See details and release notes.
|iMovie 10.1.16 Update for macOS|
Info on iMovie for macOS version 10.1.16 (macOS 10.15.6 or later)
- Fix an issue that prevented the sharing of some projects in HD or 4K resolutions.
- Improves stability when importing media.
= from my sponsor =
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR (later added first)|
|Other News, Software Updates, Reviews, PR, OT (later added first) [= skip =]|
- Yamaha CP OS v1.4 for CP73 & CP88 Stage Pianos adds More Performance Options (pr)
- Press release above has link to CP88/CP73 V1.40 Operating System Updater.
- OWC's Flex 8 Thunderbolt Storage Makes a Difference One Story at a Time (sponsor pr)
- Crucial X6 2TB Portable SSD Review (storagereview)
- Panasonic 4K/UHD Player Firmware Updates, Tips & Tricks (UB420/UB820/UB9000)
- Notes on Firmware 1.66 flashed in UB420, tips for updating, region bypass & more.
- Introducing the OWC Mercury Pro LTO Tape Storage & Archiving Solution (sponsor pr)
- SVS PB-2000 Pro Ported Subwoofer Review (audioholics)
- About the security content of iCloud for Windows 7.21 (apple)
- About the security content of iCloud for Windows 11.4 (apple)
- Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD Reviews at anandtech and storagereview
- OWC CEO Larry O'Connor Helps Filmmaker Kiss the Ground on Netflix (sponsor pr)
- Chrome 85.0.4183.121 Stable Channel Update includes 10 security fixes. (google)
- Microsoft to acquire ZeniMax Media, parent company of Bethesda (xbox.com)
- Creators of Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein, DOOM, Quake, Dishonored, & more.
- How To Install Drives in an Mercury Elite Pro Dual with 3-Port Hub (sponsor blog)
- Seagate Delivers Enterprise-Ready Exos 18TB Hard Drive (pr)
- As of post time, 16TB is largest on Seagate's Exos X products page.
- Intel's Tiger Lake 11th Gen Core i7-1185G7 Review and Deep Dive (anandtech)
- Sabrent Rocket PCIe Gen3 SSD Review (storagereview)
- Security Update for Adobe Media Encoder (APSB20-57) (adobe bulletin)
- Vulnerability was in Windows version, but update for macOS also available.
|Firefox 81.0 and Firefox ESR 78.3 Updates|
September 22 posted Firefox 81.0 release notes lists new features and security fixes.
They also released Firefox ESR 78.3.0 with "Various stability, functionality, & security fixes".
(The 'Other News' listing has Chrome 85.0.4183.121 update.)
|Recent Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates (later first)
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software/driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
September 14th to 18th, 2020 News Archive
- Safari 14.0 update (for macOS Catalina and macOS Mojave)
- Xcode 12 update released.
- Pixelmator Pro 1.8 Update.
- Apple September 2020 Event New Products and Press Releases.
- iOS 14, iPadOS 14, tvOS 14, watchOS 7 updates released.
- How to Change Your Login Password in macOS.
- How to Set and Use a Different Return Address in macOS Mail.
- Microsoft Office for Mac v16.41 (w/security updates for Excel, Word, Office Suite)
- Shock iPhone 12 Details, Massive iOS 14 Problems, Macbook Pro Delay
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates.
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!