News Archive for Thursday, August 8th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|OS X (10.6-10.8.x) Printer Driver Updates:|
Full download pages linked, should also be available via Software Update which is usually a smaller D/L. (The linked pages have the complete set of drivers for the brand, vs an update just for your specific model/series.)
Related Apple Doc with list of Printer/Scanner brand/models supported is here.
(The linked Apple article has notations on updates for specific models (i.e. "+" = newly supported, "*" = updated) but an update may still appear in SU even if your specific model isn't shown as having any changes.) If you've not had any issues with your printer - I'd leave well enough alone.
BTW: Some have complained about problems after the (via Apple) Epson driver update. For almost a year now I've used an Epson Workforce 845 via wireless in 10.6.8 and since I've had no issues, I've not installed the Apple posted 2.14 or 2.15 Epson updates. (And IIRC, I originally installed the driver from Epson's support site.)
Tip for OS X Epson Printer Problems after v2.15 Update:
If you've had a problem printing after the Epson update (especially with "filter failure" and/or "rastertoescpII quit unexpectedly") - check to see if your Sharing prefs pane has no entry for the computer name. If it's blank, add a computer name, then restart the mac and try printing again.
|Apple/products related News/Reviews/Tips/Op-Ed:
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (CPU, Storage, Mini-PCIe card mods and much more.)
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Wednesday August 7th, 2013 News Archive
- OS X SSD Trim Enabler v3.0 released (also see Chameleon SSD Optimizer)
- Diagnosing 2009/2010 iMac Fan Speed Issues after Hard Drive Upgrade
- PCmag's list of Best AirPlay Speakers
- Previews of 12 Antivirus Apps for Macs
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- iCloud: Troubleshooting creating an iCloud backup
- iCloud: Troubleshooting restoring an iCloud backup
- Mac Basics: Safari 6 in OS X Mountain Lion
- Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, Compressor 4: Format drives as Mac OS Extended
- iOS: Using international keyboards
- iPhone: Wireless carrier support and features
- Other News/Tech/Reviews/OT:
- John Carmack Joins Oculus as CTO
- Google, Nvidia Sign Onto IBM OpenPOWER Consortium
- Chome security password flaw gives unrestricted local access
- Cisco TelePresence System Default Credentials Vulnerability
- Emotiva and Sherbourn merger and Sherbourn Receiver/Amp Merger sale
- Breaking Bad: And Then We Came to the End
- Review: LG BP730 Blu-ray Player
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!