News Archive for Wednesday, January 9th, 2013:
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|(Mid-2012) MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.6:|
(download page linked)
"About MacBook Air EFI Firmware Update 2.6 (4.76 MB)
This update is recommended for MacBook Air (mid 2012) models.
This update fixes a color issue with HDMI displays connected to MacBook Air, resolves an issue with Windows which can prevent MacBook Air from booting properly, and also resolves an issue where unplugging a Thunderbolt device may cause the system to freeze when waking from standby.
Your computer's power cord must be connected and plugged into a working power source. When your MacBook Air restarts, a gray screen will appear with a status bar to indicate the progress of the update. It will take several minutes for the update to complete. Do not disturb or shut off the power on your MacBook Air during this update.
After update EFI ROM will be: MBA51.00EF.B02
System Requirements: OS X 10.8.2"
|Apple/Products related News/Reviews/Op-Ed/SW Updates:
|New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles: (incl. Tuesday)
Listing/links to updates, articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (2006 Mac Mini CPU/EFI Upgrades, Early Mac Pro CPU Upgrades/EFI Updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/tips, DIY Fusion drives, more)
|Previous news summary:|
Monday Jan. 7th, 2013 News Archive
- Another 2006 Mac Mini Core2 Duo CPU + EFI 2,1 Upgrade Report
- OWC announces 3.5in Viper SSD (up tp 2TB) (sponsor blog)
- More posts on USB 3.0 causing WiFi interference (2012 Mac Mini)
- NuMount Pivot for mounting iMac or Cinema/Tbolt Displays to Wall or Desk
- 1st Phase of Jupiter mini-SAS DAS/SAN Scalable Storage Solution Release
- In Apple's War on Taxes, Surrender Costs $28B
- App Store Tops 40 Billion Downloads with Almost Half in 2012
- Update on Adobe CS2 and Acrobat 7 Activation Servers (thanks Blake)
- Nostalgia Tech 3: Vintage CES hardware
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- AirPrint basics
- Final Cut Server Resources
- Resetting iTunes Store warnings
- Configuring Mail for your email account
- Mac notebooks: Determining battery cycle count
- iOS: About Messages
- iOS: Setting up Home Sharing on your device
- iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation
- iPhone: Wireless carrier support and features
- Other News/Reviews/Alerts/Op-Ed/OT:
- Double-speed USB 3.0 to arrive next year
- Tegra 4, gaming dominate Nvidia's 2013 plans
- Nvidia Introduces "Shield" Portable Gaming System
- Seagate launches Wireless Plus and Central networked drives
- LEGO Taking Robotics to Next Level with Mindstorms EV3
- SanDisk 256GB Ultra Plus SSD Review
- Toshiba tees off 2013 with self-encrypting drives
- LaCie 5big NAS Pro Review - Part I
- How to design breakthrough inventions
- Crimeware Author Funds Exploit Buying Spree
- Are power wheelchair companies ripping off the govt? (again)
- Vizio's loaded M TVs go from 32 to 80 inches
- 8 coolest and craziest game console mods
- SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer Review
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 10 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / AUDIO =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!