News Archive for Tuesday, July 2nd, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Security Update 2013-003 for OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8 (info/downloads)|
Software Update info simply says "Security Update 2013-003 is recommended for all users and improves the security of Mac OS X" but more info is available in the doc about Security Update 2013-003 that notes several Quicktime fixes. Here's download pages for the updates:
I prefer download updaters instead of software update. (Especially if you have more than one Mac to update.)
|Apple/products related News/Op-Ed/Rumors:
|New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Sponsor =
miniStack MAX, 4-in-1 Storage Solution
Combines an external drive, optical drive, SD card reader + USB powered hub. Interfaces: 2x USB3.0/2.0, eSATA, 2x FW800 and USB charging port. Available with up to 4TB HD (+ Blu-Ray writer or CD/DVD writer/Blu-Ray-reader) or as an enclosure kit (add your own drive(s))
[Several 0GB Enclosure kits and optical drives on site specials page]
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Monday July 1st, 2013 News Archive
- Another report on (Mac Pro) Nvidia 8800GT Card "Bake" Fix (BGA solder reflow)
- Tip for OS X 10.8.4 WiFi Problems (recreate System Config pref)
- (Op-Ed) The new Mac Pro: desktop mainframe
- Apple applies to register 'iWatch' trademark in Japan
- Apple's France Offices Raided
- Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- How to hide a user account in OS X
- OS X: Password may not be accepted after changing user's full name
- OS X: Taking pictures of your screen
- How OS X and iOS report storage capacity
- How to identify Mac mini models
- Mac Basics: Ports and connectors
- Mac Basics: Mail (OS X Mountain Lion)
- Configuring Mail for your email account
- Mac Basics: Using Windows on your Mac via Boot Camp
- Boot Camp: Installing Windows 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- iOS: Understanding group messaging
- iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular): Troubleshooting a cellular data connection
- iPad: Understanding the side switch
- iOS: Troubleshooting Siri
- Software Update no longer available in OS X v10.3 and earlier
- Other News/Reviews/Tech/OT:
- Haswell vs. Ivy Bridge: A Look at Old and New
- AMD A10-5750M Review - Part 1
- Silicon Valley's Big Brains Try to Redo Radio
- What an eavesdropper sees when you use an unsecured Wi-Fi hotspot
- Review: Westone ADV Alpha in-ear headphones
- Pike's Peak 2013: Loeb Shatters the Old Record
- Revving up for the Corvette's 60th anniversary
- Wired's Patriotic Picks (movies/tv) for the 4th
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!