News Archive for Friday, July 19th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Tips/Sales/Software Updates/Op-Ed:
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
= From my Site Sponsor =
Accelsior_E2 PCIe SSD with Dual eSATA III Ports
Mac bootable PCIe SSD with 2 eSATA III Ports
Up to 823MB/s read and 783MB/s write speeds
Also can be used in Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
Already have your own SSDs?
Use them in a Tempo SSD or Tempo Pro SSD SATA3 PCIe Adapter card
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Low-Cost CPU Upgrades for early Mac Pros/Xserves, DIY 8800GT video card repair, OS X SSD Trim Enablers, Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods, 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, DIY OS X Fusion drives, 2006-08 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips, mods and more.)
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Thursday July 18th, 2013 News Archive
- 2013 MacBook Air Update lists Fixes for WiFi, Flicker and Audio
- eSATA Mini-PCIe Card Mod in 17in MacBook Pro
- Use OS X's Automator to Build Your Own Software
- Onyx 2.7.2 (for OS X Mountain Lion)
- Apple in talks with LG about Ultra HD TV panels
- Apple's TV Deals, Like the Time Warner Cable Pact, Fail Its Ambitions
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- Troubleshooting Home Sharing
- Using iMovie with NetBoot or a network user account
- How to identify Mac mini models
- Apple TV (2nd and 3rd gen): Understanding AirPlay settings
- Apple TV (2nd gen): Static or no sound from TV when playing Apple TV content
- Apple TV (2nd gen): How to use your photos with your Apple TV screensaver
- iWork for iCloud beta: Frequently Asked Questions
- iWork for iCloud beta: Supported OS and Browsers
- Opening iWork for iOS and iWork '09 documents in iWork for iCloud beta
- iWork for iCloud beta: About images and Internet Explorer 9
- iWork for iCloud beta: Using Keynote for iCloud beta with Internet Explorer
- Other News/Tech/Reviews/OT:
- Samsung Announces First 2.5" Non-Volatile Memory Express SSD
- Review: Verizon Jetpack 4G LTE Mobile Hotspot MHS291L
- Why the NCAA Cut Ties with EA Sports
- Microsoft Has an Operating System for Your House
- Review: Evil Dead (2013) Blu-ray
- The new Plex for Google TV
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!