News Archive for Thursday, July 25th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Reviews/Software Updates:
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
= From my Site Sponsor =
Accelsior_E2 PCIe SSD with Dual eSATA III Ports
Mac bootable PCIe SSD with 2 eSATA III Ports
Up to 823MB/s read and 783MB/s write speeds
Also can be used in Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
Already have your own SSDs?
Use them in a Tempo SSD or Tempo Pro SSD SATA3 PCIe Adapter card
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (eSATA Mini-PCIe card mod in MacBook Pro 17in, Low-Cost CPU Upgrades for early Mac Pros/Xserves, DIY 8800GT video card repair, OS X SSD Trim Enablers, Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods, 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, DIY OS X Fusion drives, 2006-08 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips, mods and more.)
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Wednesday July 24th, 2013 News Archive
- Review: Haswell-Powered 13-Inch MacBook Air (2013)
- DataTale Smart 4-bay Thunderbolt RAID Review
- Hands-on with new Corel Painter X3
- Apple now EA's biggest retail partner
- Maxon announces CINEMA 4D R15 at SIGGRAPH
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- About AirPort base station firmware updates
- Wi-Fi: How to troubleshoot Wi-Fi connectivity
- Resetting an AirPort Base Station or AirPort Time Capsule FAQ
- Apple Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points
- Bluetooth: How to set up your Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Back up your iTunes library by copying to an external hard drive
- Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads
- Mac App Store: Finding your purchased apps
- iOS: How to back up your data and set up as a new device
- Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): How to restart your Apple TV
- Boot Camp: Frequently asked questions about installing Windows 8
- Other News/Tech/Reviews/OT:
- Review: Asus PQ321Q 31.5in UltraHD (4K) Monitor
- The Google ($35) ChromeCast home page
- Google Launches a Dongle to Bring Online Video to TV
- Seagate Now Shipping New Flagship Enterprise Turbo SSHD
- First Malicious Use of 'Master Key' Android Vulnerability Discovered
- Belkin Releases $50 WeMo Light Switch, Adds Android Support
- Microsoft delivers Office 2010 Service Pack 2
- Review: G.I. Joe: Retaliation (3D Blu-ray)
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!