News Archive for Friday, July 26th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Rumors/Reviews/Software:
|Apple How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
The Archived article on Apple TV Remote makes me wonder what will be offered with the next gen model.
= From my Site Sponsor =
Accelsior_E2 PCIe SSD with Dual eSATA III Ports
Mac bootable PCIe SSD with 2 eSATA III Ports
Up to 823MB/s read and 783MB/s write speeds
Also can be used in Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
Already have your own SSDs?
Use them in a Tempo SSD or Tempo Pro SSD SATA3 PCIe Adapter card
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.
= From my Sponsor - your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Thursday July 25th, 2013 News Archive
- Apple Logic Pro X 10.0.1 release notes
- Review: Belkin's $299 Thunderbolt Express Dock
- Mac mini Media Center (addons info/options)
- Apple Warns Users in China to Only Use Official Chargers
- Lightroom 5 review: Who needs to be licensed or connected?
- Apple Developer Site System Status page
- Tropico 4: Gold Edition for Mac released
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates:
- AirPort Time Capsule: Initial backup is interrupted
- How to verify or erase an AirPort Time Capsule disk
- AirPort base stations: About AirPort base station status lights (LED)
- Wi-Fi base station: Understanding and resolving a blinking amber status light
- AirPort base stations: How to find the Wi-Fi network when it doesn't appear normally
- AirPort base stations: Printing to an AirPort base station from Windows XP
- Apple Computers and Displays: Powering peripherals through USB
- How to disable the Java web plug-in in Safari
- Mac App Store: Hiding and unhiding purchases
- iTunes Store: How to delete songs from iCloud
- iOS: Troubleshooting FaceTime and iMessage activation
- OS X Server: Disable slapd fullsync mode to decrease import time for Open Directory
- Other News/Tech/Reviews/OT:
- Two In-Depth Reviews of Samsung 840 EVO SSD (120/250/500/750GB/1TB models)
- Hands-on: Google's Chromecast is (almost) ready for prime time
- Tip: You Can Play Local Video Files Through Chromecast
- Samsung Magician 4.2 and Data Migration 2 Overview
- Advisory on Symantec Web Gateway Security Issues
- Review: GoldenEar Triton Seven tower speaker
- Review: My Way (2011) (Blu-ray)
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!