- If a backup task was configured to back up the startup disk, but the user had excluded system files from the backup task, CCC would avoid recreating startup caches on the destination. CCC logged this uninteresting non-event, but the logging of that event was causing a crash. That crash occurred at the very end of a usually-successful backup task, but resulted in a task history event not being recorded. We fixed that crasher.
- CCC 4.1.8 raises a configuration concern if the destination is a USB device larger than 2TB. This update addresses an issue in which CCC would raise that concern for USB devices larger than 2GB.
- CCC will now unmount (with force, if necessary) the Recovery HD associated with the source volume before attempting to create an archive of that volume. This addresses an issue in which various third-party utilities (especially Antivirus software) would dissent an ordinary unmount request, causing the attempt to archive the Recovery HD to fail.
Apple Should Renew Focus on Mac Users, Pros (Op-Ed)
Apple 2016 WWDC Special Event Video
Winners of 2016 Apple Design Awards
Apple Previews Major Update with macOS Sierra
Apple Previews iOS 10, the Biggest iOS Release Ever
Apple Previews watchOS 3; Faster, Simpler with New Health Features
Powerful New Siri Capabilities and Single Sign-On Coming to Apple TV
Swift Playgrounds App Makes Learning to Code Easy and Fun
Digging into the dev documentation for APFS, Apple's new file system
List of Macs compatible with macOS Sierra (No 2009 and older Mac Pros)
Would Mac Pro 5,1 EFI update in a 2009 Mac Pro work with Sierra?
Sling TV Launches on Apple TV (press release)
New Apple/Sling TV Deal Slashes $60 Off Apple TV Price
New beta of Xcode 8 is now available with Swift 3 and SDKs for Sierra
New App Store Review Guidelines
Apple Support/How-To Article Updates:
- Using USB 3 devices on Mac computers
- How to change OS X user account and home folder name
- About OS X DVD Player DVD-Video regions
- Using Apple Pay in stores and within apps
- Set up Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch