News Archive for Monday, March 25th, 2013
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Another DIY Fusion Drive Report (2011 MacBook Pro)|
Added another report to the page on DIY Fusion Drives, this one from a 2011 MacBook Pro owner that tried several SSD/HD combinations. (Previous reports include 2010/2008 Mac Pros, 2010 iMac & MacBook Pro, plus guides on creating Fusion drives.)
|Apple/products related News/Tips/Reviews/Op-Ed/PR:
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
(not much today)
Listing/links of updates to mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, $250 Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, DIY Fusion drives, Low-Cost 2006 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades/unofficial EFI updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more)
= From my Site Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
|Previous Day's News Summary: (no update Fri.)|
Thursday March 21st, 2013 News Archive
- (Late 2012) iMac 27 inch review: Core i7, GTX 680MX and Fusion Drive
- Aspyr announces BioShock® Infinite Coming to Mac (summer 2013)
- Apple brings password page back online after fixing security exploit
- Yontoo Trojan tries to lure Mac users with movie trailers
- How to remove 'Yontoo' adware Trojan from your OS X system
- Is the new Mac 'trojan' hitting OS X browsers really a trojan?
- Apple May Face Sanctions Over Documents in Privacy Suit
- Schmidt: Google Now for iOS waiting on Apple approval
- Still Time To Grab Your Free Pass To NAB (sponsor blog)
- New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- Security and your Apple ID
- About SMS and two-step verification
- Can't sign in with two-step verification
- Turning off two-step verification for your Apple ID
- FAQ about two-step verification for Apple ID
- Contacting Apple for help with account security
- OS X versions (builds) for computers
- iTunes: About iOS backups
- iTunes: What are the iTunes library files?
- iTunes Store: Subscribing to iTunes Match
- iTunes Store: Cannot sign in with expired/cancelled AOL acct
- About the Podcasts app for iOS
- iOS 6: Using Maps
- iOS: Using international keyboards
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 10 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / AUDIO =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!