News Archive for Thursday, March 28th, 2013
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
(includes some items from Wednesday when I was out.)
|Apple ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.2 Update:|
(Download page linked.)
"About ProApps QuickTime Codecs v1.0.2
This update adds the following video codecs for use by QuickTime-based applications:
- Apple Intermediate Codec
- Apple ProRes
- DVCPRO HD
- XDCAM HD / EX / HD422
- MPEG IMX
- Uncompressed 4:2:2
This update is recommended for all users of Final Cut Pro X, Motion 5, or Compressor 4.
OS X 10.5.6 or later
QT 7.6 or later"
I don't own them but see below for info on updates to Final Cut Pro X, Motion and Compressor.
|Apple/products related News/SW Updates/Tips/Op-Ed: (some from Wed.)
|New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles: (some from Wed.)
= From my Site Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Listing/links of updates to mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Low-Cost Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, DIY Fusion drives, Low-Cost 2006 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades/unofficial EFI updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more)
|Previous Day's News Summary: (no update Wednesday)|
Tuesday March 26th, 2013 News Archive
- (Early) Mac Mini CPU+SSD+RAM Upgrades (appx $180 total)
- 50% off sale on Mac BioShock and BioShock 2
- Plex Media Server and Mac mini DIY Fusion Drive
- Tip for Mac Mini/iMac SD Card Slot (switch) Problem
- Review: 4 Bluetooth speakers that fit in your bag
- Ex-Microsoft COO: Has Apple Lost Its Vision?
- iPhone on T-Mobile April 12 for $99 Down
- Why doesn't iCloud 'just work'?
- New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- Boot Camp: FAQ about installing Windows 8
- OS X: Connecting a Wi-Fi printer to your Wi-Fi network
- Mac Basics: Printing in OS X Mountain Lion & OS X Lion
- Final Cut Pro X: How to view progress when sharing files
- GarageBand for iOS 1.4 or later: "Snap to Grid" unavailable
- GarageBand for iOS 1.4 or later: May have pops/clicks/dropouts w/Audiobus
- Software Update Server: Disabling the Apache TRACE method
- OS X Server: Migrating and copying wiki data from Lion Server
- OS X Server: Don't log in to the server with a network user's account
- OS X Server: Saving a certificate ID to keychain doesnt work w/Server services
- iPhone: About unlocking
- iPhone: Hardware troubleshooting
- What to do if your iOS device is lost or stolen
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 10 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / AUDIO =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!