I had added a FYI under Tuesday's Apple Remote Desktop 3.8.5 update (D/L page link) about some Yosemite (and Mavericks) users having problems with VNC after the ARD 3.8.5 update. (Thread title was on Security Update 2016-002, but a user that installed only the ARD update had the same problem.) Also added Tips for Cisco VPN problems after OS X 10.11.4 update.
I'm not running El Capitan, but here's a reader report on problems he's seen after the 10.11.4 update that may be related to an intel graphics driver:
"Problems with El Capitan 10.11.4 update
I've started working for a new employer Monday. My personal computer at work is a MacBook Pro 13" Early 2015 with intel Iris 6100 graphics. Tuesday I upgraded to 10.11.4 from 10.11.3. (Did you use software update or the 10.11.4 Combo update?)
I had no problems with 10.11.3 before the update to 10.11.4.
Shortly after the update, the problems began:
- I've had several crashes under various circumstances. For example after reboots, after waking the MBP from sleep after the lunch break and while opening a few JPEG pictures in Apple's Preview.
- I've had also problems with an external display from Dell, which did not display anything after reboots and was not recognised sometimes - even after plugging it in/out a few times. Sometimes the internal and/or external screen have also displayed a wrong resolution after a reboot while the external display was connected. I was also unable to reboot the MBP after the first crash as long as the external display was connected. The MBP froze again while booting. After disconnecting the external display, it was possible to boot normally and to connect the external display again, but as reported already above the problems continued with other symptoms.
According to the crash reports (panic log), a kernel extension related to the intel graphics was part of the problem. At the moment I suspect that it could be an issue with the intel graphics in relation to the 10.11.4 update and the use of external displays.
Unfortunately, I've had also a few other things to do at work today and the saved panic logs etc. are on the MBP at my workplace now and I can't access them this evening. Possibly I'll report back later with more detailed informations (panic log, other log files and more detailed description of the problems).
Best regards, Christian V."
Not checked the Apple MBP forums to see if any others have seen this problem.
Nvidia Graphics Driver 346.03.06f01 for OS X 10.11.4
Nvidia Graphics Driver Update for OS X 10.10.5 (build 14F1713)
Nvidia Graphics Driver Update for OS X 10.9.5 (build 13F1712)
Nvidia CUDA 7.5.26 Update for OS X 10.11.x to 10.9.x
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- How to reinstall OS X on your Mac
- How to install OS X on an external drive connected to your Mac
- Troubleshooting OS X Bluetooth devices become unresponsive
- OS X: About System Information and System Profiler
- About Find My iPhone Activation Lock