News Archive for Tuesday, May 21st, 2013 Goto Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | CPU Upgrades | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Apps/OS/Network | Search
Miss a Day? See the Archives
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Tips/Reports/Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple/products related News/Rumors/Tips/Op-Ed
|New/Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
= From my Site Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac!
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Listing/links of updates to mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you may have missed. (Internal Mini-PCIe Card Mods (eSATA/USB 3.0), 2012 Mac Mini SSD upgrades, $250 Mac Pro Dual 3.2GHz Quad-Core CPU Upgrade, DIY OS X Fusion drives, Low-Cost 2006 Mac Mini CPU Upgrades/unofficial EFI updates, 2012 Mac Mini HDMI video problems/display tips/USB 3.0 interference, mods and more)
|Previous Day's News Summary:|
Monday May 20th, 2013 News Archive
- (Rumors) New MacBook Air imminent?
- Speed Time Machine Past 88MPH Over Your Local Network (sponsor blog)
- Ex-CEO says Intel could've powered original iPhone, but decided against it
- 'Aggressive' operation behind new Mac spyware
- Apple hits record revenues per visitor, says analyst
- USAF plans $50M savings over 10 years in iPad rollout
- Kickstarter: Mac version of Rex Rocket Goal reached
- Second Life Viewer v188.8.131.526129
- OnyX 2.6.9 (for OS X 10.8.x)
- Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Docs:
- AirPort Utility 6: How to view the Ethernet (WAN) MAC address of a base station
- AirPrint Basics (includes list of compatible printers)
- MacBook Air (Late 2010): Installing Windows 7 drivers
- Xsan: Compatibility of SAN clients with Xsan and StorNext controllers
- iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD videos
- iTunes 10 (or later): About playing music with AirPlay
- iTunes (Windows): About "Secure network connection couldn't be established" alert
- iOS: Using Messages
- iOS: System requirements for Personal Hotspot
iMac (27-inch, Late 2012): Installing or replacing memory
- Other News/Reviews/Op-Ed/Tech/OT:
- Review: Google Play Music
- Microsoft Updates Xbox as Apple to Facebook Gain in Games
- Twine's Tiny Box Lets Your Kitchen Cabinets Talk to the Internet
- Adobe unplugs Creative Cloud sync tool during transition
- Autodesk Purchases, Revives 3-D Design App Tinkercad
- LG to demo bendable, unbreakable smartphone screen
- Researchers create cheap, single-pixel 3D camera
- Yahoo buying Tumblr for $1.1 billion
- This augmented reality tech was originally a Valve project
- 13 Ways to Know if the Govt is Reading Your Email
- Hollywood Horror Flick Gets Wide Release on Apple Devices
- (PCMag's) Best Wireless Headphones
- Blu-ray Review: The Verdict (1982)
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!