Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.22 Update Release Notes (Big Sur Compatible)|
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the October 16, 2020 Carbon Copy Cloner v5.1.22 release notes:
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC was unable to access a new secret Apple data store in a folder named "searchparty" that was added in macOS 10.15.7.
- Added a global exclusion for a "com.apple.mediaanalysisd" temporary items folder whose content was leading to stalls on macOS 10.15.7.
- Improved the error message that is presented when CCC is unable to copy the Catalina System volume due to a lack of Full Disk Access (or more precisely, due to the inconsistent manner in which the system grants full disk access to an application's helper tool).
- Fixed a math issue regarding the application of a task time limit when the task starts shortly before midnight and the time limit starts at midnight.
- Made a couple small improvements to the messaging around some exceptional conditions in the Remote Mac setup window (e.g. lack of Full Disk Access on the remote Mac, using an "@" character in a hostname).
- The "If the source or destination is missing" UI in the scheduler is now made available to tasks that are part of a scheduled task group.
- This update includes many changes to accommodate Apple's next OS, macOS "Big Sur". We were anticipating its release by now, but we're grateful that Apple is taking some additional time, hopefully to resolve some outstanding problems. If Apple ships Big Sur without resolving these problems, we'll call this update to CCC the "official" update for Big Sur. If Apple does resolve the outstanding problems, we'll post another update for Big Sur closer to the release date.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More