|Installing the Cheetah SCSI Upgrade
|Summary of Steps Involved:|
- Remove the case cover.
- Touch the power supply metal case to discharge any static charge you have.
- Attach the suppled Wide SCSI cable to the drive.
- Route the cable through the bay and down to the PCI slot area.
- Slide the drive into the bay.
- Connect the power supply connector to the drive.
- Remove the PCI slot cover
- Connect the Wide SCSI cable to the controller.
- Insert the SCSI controller into the PCI slot.
- Boot the Mac and install the software.
Congratulations! - You're now running the fastest SCSI drive you can buy.
Ensure you touch the Mac's power supply metal case before
touching any cards or components. Avoid touching the contact
areas of the PCI card (gold fingers) or any IC/Chip metal pins.
Handling the card by the bracket and/or edge is a
- Anti-Static Wrist Strap (avail. at Radio Shack, etc.).
- Screwdrivers (straight blade for Apple case screws).
Ready to Start Installing?|
Yes - Show Me!
No, take me back Home.
Index of Cheetah Upgrade Pages|
Intro | Instl. Overview | Drive Install | Card Install | Software instl.
= Benchmark Results = = Photoshop Results =
= or =
Back to WWW.XLR8YOURMAC.COM
Copyright © XLR8YOURMAC.com, 1997.
No part of this sites content is to be reproduced in any form without written permission.
All brand or product names mentioned here are properties of their respective companies.