About AirPort Base Station Firmware Update 7.7.3
Firmware update 7.7.3 is recommended for all AirPort Extreme and AirPort Time Capsule base stations with 802.11ac. It provides security improvements related to SSL/TLS. Other AirPort base stations do not require this firmware update.
Note: After updating the firmware, some users may need to re-enable Back to My Mac on their AirPort base stations using AirPort Utility and on their Macs using System Preferences.
How to re-enable Back to My Mac on AirPort base stations:
From the menu bar, select Go > Utilities and double-click AirPort Utility.
Select the AirPort base station that is configured with Back to My Mac and click Edit.
If prompted, enter the base station password.
In the Base Station tab, select the Back to My Mac account you want to re-enable and click Edit.
Enter your Apple ID password and click Sign In. A green status indicator will appear indicating a successful authentication.
Click Update to save the changes.
How to re-enable Back to My Mac on your Mac computer:
On each computer you use with Back to My Mac, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click iCloud.
In iCloud preferences, deselect Back to My Mac, then select it again.
Low-Cost ($100) 2009 Mac Pro Quad-Core 3.2GHz CPU Upgrade
Posts on first generation Apple TVs not able to access iTunes anymore
Mavericks Bluetooth Audio tip on Bluetooth Explorer (p/o Hardware IO Dev. Tools)
Late-2012 Mac Mini Surround Sound Configurations (Toslink and HDMI)
Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
- Mac computers: About standby mode
- Using me.com/mac.com ID with AIM in iChat requires OS X v10.7.2 or later
- Apple TV 3rd-party content provider info updated (new channels)
- iOS: About Apple Digital AV Adapters
- Resolve issues with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch accessories
- Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models
- Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- iOS: Understanding captive Wi-Fi networks
- 4TB HGST Deskstar NAS Hard Drive Review
- Clever Wireless Speaker acquires new features over time
- Researchers develop 'WiFi for power' that charges 15ft away