Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 6.0.3 Update Release Notes|
(Free 30 day trial available at https://bombich.com/download.)
Info from the Sept. 14, 2021 Carbon Copy Cloner v6.0.3 release notes:
- Fixed an issue in which CCC was unable to replace a folder on the destination with a symbolic link (i.e. because a folder on the source had been replaced by a symbolic link). This issue primarily affected macOS Catalina users, but could also affect Big Sur users for tasks that used the "Don't delete anything" SafetyNet setting.
- Improved the handling of cases where a source NAS presents a symlink as an ordinary file. Fixed an accounting issue that led to unusually high "data copied" values in those cases.
- Resolved a condition in which the "Maintain a record of transactions" checkbox became practically uncheck-able in CCC 6.0.2.
- Fixed a permissions issue that can cause applications to not work correctly when restored from a volume whose ownership is disabled.
- Relative date references (e.g. "Today", "Yesterday") in the Task Plan and Task History window are now correctly updated when a date change event occurs (i.e. at midnight).
- SafetyNet pruning settings are now consistently visible when the destination is HFS+ formatted.
- Errors that occur due to the OneDrive service's interference with CCC archiving activity on the destination are now suppressed. These typically go away on their own without intervention.
- Fixed a logic issue that caused the "Never show this dialog" setting to be ignored for the "Remove task audit" dialog.
- Fixed the "Bring all to front" menu item in the Window menu.
- Improved the handling of manual sort order changes of the Tasks list.
- The CCC Dashboard window position is now retained when it's closed and later reopened.
- Fixed an issue in which CCC would not remove additional snapshots from the destination when free space was exhausted in the middle of a backup task (specific to cases where SafetyNet was disabled).
- Fixed an issue that could cause slow performance during postflight re-verification of files copied by the current task in cases where the task was also configured to use the "Find and replace corrupted files" setting.
- CCC will no longer create a snapshot on the source when the source and destination are folders on the same APFS volume. Instead CCC will use the APFS clonefile() function to make clones of files in these cases.
- Resolved a case where CCC was stripping the destination volume's custom icon in a folder-to-volume task configuration.
- The search field in the Task History window Audit tab now yields results that match folder names as well as file names. bar for a task or group. When the "group completed" icon is dismissed, that state is now recalled across launches of CCC.
- Added a new "Last Successful Run" token for the email notification template.
- Added a Start button to the "Upcoming Group and Task Events" view for task groups.
- Updated how APFS volume disk usage is calculated on macOS Monterey.
- Fixed a rendering issue for the Task Plan text on macOS Monterey.
- Eliminated some spurious "updated attributes" transactions that were getting created when backing up to a NAS volume.
- Resolved a conflict between the "Remove excluded items" setting and custom protection rules. Custom protection rules now have precedence over the "Remove excluded items" setting.
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 6 (including free 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 8TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
= NuGuard KX Cases =
*Extreme* Drop Tested!