Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Tips, OS Updates, WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.15 Update (release notes)|
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the February 4th, 2020 Carbon Copy Cloner v5.1.15 release notes:
- Added a timeout mechanism to volume unmount requests. The DiskArbitration service should never fail to reply to an unmount request, but we've been seeing those incidents more frequently lately.
- Made some additional tweaks to HFS+ to APFS conversion that should make it more robust.
Addressed an issue in which an "On reconnect" task would not run when the source or destination was reconnected if the source or destination is a folder on a Data volume in an APFS volume group.
- CCC will now disable Spotlight by default on the destination when making a bootable backup of a macOS Catalina System volume.
- The "task finished with errors" email subject now leads with a "warning" emoji so it's more easily distinguishable from non-erring tasks.
- Fixed a logic issue that caused a selected Task Group to not be marked as selected in the View menu. Fixed a similar issue that caused the "Run Now" menu option in the File menu to be disabled for task groups.
- Fixed some dead ends in the CCC command-line utility that can be encountered when CCC's helper tool has not yet been installed, or when tasks have not yet been saved.
- Fixed a localization issue related to the thousands grouping separator used in numbers presented in various windows, including the Task History window.
- Errors that are produced by Disk Utility on a remote Mac regarding the failure to load unsigned plugins will no longer cause CCC to fail to produce a volume list when configuring a backup task to or from a remote Mac.
- Addressed an issue in which some pre and postflight scripts failed to run, supposedly due to the lack of a shell interpreter line.
- Added more specific handling of a scenario in which Disk Utility fails to create an APFS volume group when a T2 Mac is booted from an encrypted volume.
- Fixed a couple user interface sizing and placement anomalies.
- Improved the accuracy of the "Total data size" value reported in the Task Filter window when an APFS volume group is selected as the source.
- Fixed an issue in which the "Total data size" value that was being reported in the Task History window was incorrect (too low) in cases where the data set had very, very few modified items.
CCC will no longer add the " About this folder.rtf" file to the SafetyNet folder if "OneDrive" appears anywhere in the folder path. This should avoid complaints from OneDrive that arise due to its 1980s-esque failure to deal with files whose names start with a space character.
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More