(from "About" article below. Security fixes listed in separate doc.)
"The OS X El Capitan v10.11.5 Update improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, and is recommended for all users.
This update includes the following enterprise changes:
Fixes an issue where applying a configuration profile to set allowSpotlightInternetResults to False would cause Spotlight to use large amounts of CPU time.
Fixes an issue where applying a configuration profile to set ShutDownDisabledWhileLoggedIn to True would have no effect.
Fixes an issue where only a single NetBoot image would appear in the Startup Disk pane of System Preferences, even if multiple NetBoot images were configured on the server."
Download of OS X 10.11.5 Delta and Combo updaters:
FYI: Users of Nvidia's web drivers know that new OS X updates (versions or build numbers) require updated Nvidia graphics drivers. (Some non-Mac EFI cards are not supported by default OS X drivers.) They usually appear first in Nvidia's driver prefs update check.
Nvidia Driver Updates: See May 17th/18th news page for Nvidia driver and CUDA updates for OS X 10.11.5 and the new build numbers of OS X 10.10.5/10.9.5 with Security Update 2016-003 installed.
With another multi-OS update release, update servers may be swamped for awhile. For OS X I'd use D/L updaters (combo is an old tip). You can also check the Apple forums for early feedback/problems. (Granted that's like Apple's ER, but with only volunteer help.)
OS X GarageBand v10.1.2 (OS X 10.10 or later)
- Stability improvements and bug fixes
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility
iOS GarageBand v2.1.1 (iOS 9.3 or later)
- Quickly navigate long lists of Apple Loops using a new alphabetical sidebar
- Use Multi-Touch to select multiple regions simultaneously in the Tracks area
- Send songs as an audio file using AirDrop
- Share GarageBand songs via Mail as uncompressed audio
- Apply your own custom images to songs shared to YouTube and Facebook
- Support for Shared iPad in iOS 9.3
OS X Server v5.1.5 (changes from app store page)
- Configure grace period before passcode is required on Shared iPad
- Support for skipping the True Tone Setup Assistant pane introduced in iOS 9.3
- New Restrictions (supervised only): Allow Diagnostic Submission Modification
- New commands (Shared iPad only): Enable/Disable Diagnostic Submission and App Analytics
Apple to Update iTunes After Reports of Deleted Music
Security Updates for Adobe Flash Player
Micromat TechTool Pro 8.0.4 update
What to Do Before Selling or Giving Away Your Mac (or iOS device)
Apple Music in iOS 9.3 (dev note on features, guidelines, affiliates)
Google Chrome 50.0.2661.102 update
Firefox browser for iOS v4.0
Google Gboard for iOS 9
Apple Support/How-To Article Updates:
- Potential sources of Wi-Fi and Bluetooth interference
- Using 4K displays and Ultra HD TVs with your Mac
- Troubleshooting Apple wireless mouse, keyboard or TrackPad problems
- If you don't see some Mac features when using Windows on your Mac