Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Tips, OS Updates, WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 5.1.12 Update (release notes)|
(Update - CCC version 5.1.13 was released on Oct. 17th.)
Available via in-app update for CCC 5.x users or full download at bombich.com/download.
Info from the October 10th, 2019 Carbon Copy Cloner v5.1.12 release notes:
FYI: There was a bug in the original CCC 5.1.12 build 5835, fixed in build 5839 & later.
- Fixed an issue in which folders in the Task Filter window were missing a disclosure triangle, making it difficult to exclude subfolders.
- Improved OneDrive and Dropbox placeholder file detection.
- If you've deleted a Catalina System volume from a destination volume group, CCC now allows the selection of the orphaned Data volume as a destination, and will recreate the volume group as necessary.
- Made a couple small adjustments that should make HFS+-to-APFS conversions more reliable, particularly for slower destination devices.
- CCC 5.1.10 addressed an issue in which a remote Mac could go to sleep between CCC's archive management and file copying requests, but we found that change to be inadequate. This update improves upon that fix.
- Fixed a race condition in which the sort criteria popup menu in the Task History window wasn't getting populated if the task history window was opened very soon after launching CCC.
- Added "files copied" to the history output of the CCC command-line tool.
- When backing up to a disk image on a network volume, postflight unmounting of the network volume is now a little more reliable in cases where the diskimages-helper service is being stubborn.
- When CCC creates a System volume on the destination, the new System volume is now formatted as case-sensitive if the sibling Data volume is formatted as case-sensitive.
If you never used CCC versions for Snow Leopard - Mavericks, the bug won't affect you.
(In build 5835 the _CCC Archives folder was no longer ignored when backing up.)
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 5 (including 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
= from my sponsor =
|= Return to News Page =|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More