"Carbon Copy Cloner 4.1.10 has been released and is compatible with macOS Sierra. Free for all current CCC 4 customers, the new release is available as an in-app update and can be downloaded from our web page http://bombich.com. CCC 4.1.10 accommodates Sierra-specific architecture changes and bugs, plus adds flexibility for USB-C MacBook backups."
- CCC 4.1.10 is officially qualified on macOS Sierra.
- Developed a workaround for a bug in macOS Sierra in which FileVault could not be enabled on the destination volume.
- To accommodate changes in macOS Sierra, CCC now creates RSA key pairs for use with the Remote Macintosh option. If you create a new Authentication Credentials Installer Package (ACIP) with this version of CCC, CCC will replace an existing DSA-based key pair on the local Mac. As a result, you must (re)install the ACIP on all remote Macs that you currently have configured in your backup tasks.
- Tasks listed in the postflight task popup menu are now sorted alphabetically.
- Fixed an issue in which creating an empty custom filter would cause the Filters window to misbehave.
- Apple relaxed some restrictions on sparsebundle disk images in macOS Sierra. On these systems, CCC now allows creating and mounting sparsebundle disk images on SMB sharepoints.
- Fixed a logic issue that would cause the "Reset" button to not be displayed when a mounted-disk-image-on-NAS task failed because CCC lacked credentials to mount the underlying NAS volume.
- Recovery HD tasks are prohibited when running on battery power, but this update adds an exception for USB-C MacBooks. For those systems, CCC will explain why the limitation is usually imposed, that an exception is allowed, and that you should take care to not allow the system to sleep for the duration of the Recovery HD creation task. More details on this change are available in the documentation.
- This update to CCC will migrate CCC's keychain file from the user home folder to a global location. Among other issues, this resolves issues where folks couldn't update the password for a NAS volume associated with a particular task if that task was created while logged in to some other user account. That was an esoteric issue that doesn't seem like it should happen a lot, but the number of reports gave us the impetus to address the matter once and for all.
Apple TV (4th gen) Software Update 10.0 (tvOS 10.0)
iOS 10.0.1, 10.0 release notes
watchOS 3.0 release notes
Apple Swift Playgrounds for iOS 10
Apple Support/How-To Article Updates:
- How to stop pop-up ads in Safari
- Troubleshooting iOS update and restore errors
- Using iOS 10 Home app on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- About security content of Xcode 8
- About security content of iOS 10.0.1
- About security content of iOS 10
- About security content of watchOS 3
- About the security content of iTunes 12.5.1 for Windows