Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|Carbon Copy Cloner version 6.1 Update Release Notes|
(Free 30 day trial available at https://bombich.com/download.)
Info from the Feb. 23, 2022 Carbon Copy Cloner v6.1 release notes:
- Fixed an issue in which CCC was unable to create files and folders in some OneDrive-related folders on the destination.
- Added an option to reveal the Advanced Settings persistently in the main window.
- Added a contextual menu to the CCC menubar icon for "quick access" functions (e.g. open CCC, run a task, quit the Dashboard). Right-click on the CCC menubar icon to access this menu.
- Added navigation buttons to the CCC toolbar to make it easier to get back to a task after making volume configuration changes (e.g. when adjusting snapshot settings).
- Added an option for a light background for the sidebar (i.e. in Light Mode).
- Added settings to choose a specific appearance (i.e. light or dark, independent of the system setting).
- The Source and Destination selectors are now enabled while a task is running. You can click on these to see details about the source and destination (e.g. disk usage, free space) as the task progresses.
- Task History events now show information about how many files and how much data was removed from the destination (in addition to how many files and how much data was copied to the destination).
- Every Mac that is supported by macOS Catalina has native USB 3.0 support, so now CCC's Copy Coach proactively warns when a source or destination is connected via USB 2.0 (e.g. due to using an old USB hub or non-USB 3.0 compliant cable).
- The Dashboard now shows both "last run time" and "next scheduled run time" for each task. Previously this was an option, but presenting both at the same time seems to be what most people are looking for.
- Enhanced the search feature in the CCC Documentation window to offer an option to search the current page for matching text, or to execute a search of the entire CCC Kbase.
- Task groups can now be specified via the "Run another task" option in Advanced Settings > Postflight.
- Fixed a minor apparent discrepancy when using the "Verify files copied by this task" feature on a NAS volume. Previously this would show size-based differences due to the absence of extended attributes despite that those were deliberately not copied.
- Audit records can now be exported to a CSV file.
- Added a "Copy Link" option to the Tasks contextual menu. These links will open CCC and select the applicable task. These can be useful alongside other Mac automation.
- Fixed a couple conditions where CCC would report an error and fail to create a symlink becase a folder with the same name already existed on the destination. Fixed a similar issue where CCC was unable to create new folder on the destination because a file (often a symlink) with the same name already existed.
- Fixed a mouse tracking issue in the CCC Dashboard "mini progress" window that could make it impossible to click on the pause/stop buttons.
- The CCC Dashboard window size and placement is now retained across launches.
- Made a handful of adjustments to how older versions of files are presented in the Snapshot Comparison Browser. Checksums are now calculated on-the-fly for any files smaller than 2MB.
- The System exclusion limit is no longer applied to a subfolder destination when the source OS is Big Sur or later.
- Made some adjustments that should improve performance when using an ExFAT or NTFS volume as a source or destination.
- Made some modest improvements to the "time remaining" estimate. This estimate will now include componesation for time that that will be required for re-verifying files that were copied (if specified for the task).
More info on Carbon Copy Cloner 6 (including free 30 day trial) at bombich.com.
|= Return to News Page =|
= from my sponsor =
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 8TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for Macs, iPhone, iPad