macOS Catalina 10.15.1 includes updated and additional emoji, support for AirPods Pro, HomeKit Secure Video, HomeKit enabled routers, and new Siri privacy settings, as well as bug fixes and improvements.
AirPods - Introduces support for AirPods Pro
Home app - HomeKit Secure Video enables you to privately capture, store, and view encrypted video from your security cameras and features people, animal, and vehicle detection. - HomeKit enabled routers let you control how your HomeKit accessories communicate over the internet or in your home. - Adds support for AirPlay 2-enabled speakers in scenes and automations.
- Privacy settings to control whether or not to help improve Siri and Dictation by allowing Apple to store audio of your Siri and Dictation interactions.
- Option to delete your Siri and Dictation history from Siri Settings
Emoji - Over 70 new or updated emoji...
This update also includes the following bug fixes and improvements:
- Restores the ability to view file names in the All Photos view in Photos.
- Restores the ability to filter by favorites, photos, videos, edited, and keywords in Days view in Photos.
- Fixes an issue where Messages would only send a single notification when the option to repeat alerts was enabled.
- Resolves an issue that caused Contacts to launch to the previously opened contact instead of the contact list.
- Adds a two-finger swipe gesture for back navigation in Apple News.
- Resolves issues that may occur in the Music app when displaying playlists inside folders and newly added songs in the Songs list.
- Improves reliability of migrating iTunes library databases into the Music, Podcasts, and TV apps.
- Fixes an issue where downloaded titles were not visible in the Downloads folder in the TV app.
"AMD Radeon RX 5700, 5700 XT, and 5700 XT 50th Anniversary
If you've installed macOS Catalina 10.15.1 or later, you can use these graphics cards that are based on the AMD Navi RDNA architecture. Recommended graphics cards include the AMD Radeon RX 5700, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, and AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 50th Anniversary.
Recommended Thunderbolt 3 chassis for these graphics cards:
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Box 650W4
- Razer Core X4"