Addressed an issue in which CCC was unable to save passwords to its keychain after migrating the CCC configuration from another Mac.
Fixed an issue in which CCC would periodically report that a task could not complete due to minor filesystem inconsistencies.
Addressed a Sierra-specific issue in which CCC would not recognize a freshly-created recovery volume due to it being named incorrectly by Disk Utility.
Implemented a workaround for cases where CCC's privileged helper tool is installed but disabled by the system.
We've received a couple reports of Sierra systems errantly setting the date forward to 2040, then immediately back to a sane value just a couple seconds later. Previously CCC would reschedule its tasks forward to 2040 in response to the clock change, but then not backwards to a sane time (because time isn't supposed to go backwards, right?). This version of CCC now implements a sanity check to avoid rescheduling tasks that far into the future.
Fixed an issue in which a scheduled task could resurrect itself if the user deleted it while it was running.
Packet corruption that causes the connection to a remote Mac to be terminated is now handled more gracefully. CCC will now automatically restart the backup task.
Download Nvidia Graphics Driver 3126.96.36.199f02 for macOS Sierra 10.12.2
(added reader reply that CUDA 8.0.57 seems ok with above driver/10.12.2)
OWC announces DEC Expansion chassis for 2016 MacBook Pro
2016 MacBook Pro review
Tech Tip - Have You Cleaned Your Mac Lately?
Little Snitch 3.7.2 for OS X 10.10 or later
Is Apple, Inc. Subtly Pushing Back on U.S. Manufacturing?
Can my brand new Mac (late 2016 models) run your game?
HDMI Forum Announces Version 2.1 of the HDMI Specification
OPPO UDP-203 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc Player (Beta) Firmware Update
Intel Launches 7th Gen Kaby Lake
Intel Core i7-7700K (91W) Review
Software Update v04.30.77 for LG 55/65B6P UHD TV (adds HDR Game Mode)
Software Update for LG OLED UHD TV models C6/B6/E6 (bugfix)
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- Mac keyboard shortcuts Listing
- How to use Touch ID on MacBook Pro
- Troubleshooting a Mac that won't turn on
- What to do before selling or giving away your Mac
- How to connect with Thunderbolt 3 on the new MacBook Pro
- How to use the LG UltraFine 5K Display with your Mac
(also one on using LG UltraFine 4K with MacBook/MacBook Pro)
- Start up your 2016 MacBook Pro by opening it or plugging it in
- Tips for problems backing up or restoring your Mac using Time Machine
- If you don't see some Mac features when using Windows on your Mac (install drivers)
- Use Continuity to connect a Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, & Apple Watch
- iTunes for Mac: Use Home Sharing to import items from another iTunes library
- iTunes for Mac: Use the iTunes Remote app to control your iTunes library
- How Power Nap works on your Mac
- How to set up the Apple TV Remote app
- Vintage and obsolete products