"macOS Mojave 10.14.5 Supplemental Update for MacBook Pro
The MacBook Pro Supplemental Update addresses a firmware issue affecting 15-inch MacBook Pro computers with T2 Security Chip, and is recommended for all users.
"Apple has determined that a small percentage of the keyboards in certain MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro models may exhibit one or more of the following behaviors:
- Letters or characters repeat unexpectedly.
- Letters or characters do not appear.
- Key(s) feel "sticky" or do not respond in a consistent manner."
Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will service eligible MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro keyboards, free of charge. The type of service will be determined after the keyboard is examined and may involve the replacement of one or more keys or the whole keyboard...
If you believe your Mac notebook was affected by this issue, and you paid to have your keyboard repaired, you can contact Apple about a refund."
List of "Eligible Models" includes 2015-2017 Retina 12" MacBooks, 2018 Retina 13" MacBook Air, specific 2016-2019 MacBook Pros. See service program page for more details.
"Apple updated MacBook Pro with faster 8th- and 9th- generation Intel Core processors, bringing eight cores to MacBook Pro for the first time. MacBook Pro now delivers two times faster performance than a quad-core MacBook Pro and 40 percent more performance than a 6-core MacBook Pro, making it the fastest Mac notebook ever...
The 15-inch MacBook Pro now features faster 6- and 8-core Intel Core processors, delivering Turbo Boost speeds up to 5.0 GHz, while the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar features faster quad-core processors with Turbo Boost speeds up to 4.7 GHz."
More details on the MacBook Pro product page and tech specs page.
(I wonder how long they can run full bore without thermal throttling.)
Although not mentioned in the press release (or the product page), reports say there's been a material change to the butterfly keyboard to hopefully address problems in the past. (Reference latest Keyboard Service program above.)
iOS 12.3.1 (16F203) release notes
- Fixes an issue that could prevent making or receiving VoLTE calls.
- Fixes issues in Messages that could cause messages from unknown senders to appear in your conversation list even though Filter Unknown Senders is enabled.
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the Report Junk link from appearing in Messages threads from unknown senders.
03.60.02 Update for USA 2019 LG OLED TVs C9PUA, E9PUA, W9PUA
(LG US Download pages, 03.60.02 update dated 5/20/2019.)
Change info from page's "Reference" link:
- Available Amazon Alexa Service.
- Improving Youtube voice service.
- Adding sound bar to Home dashboard.
- Fixed minor bugs.
(Some say this update may also fix Xbox One VRR 4K HDR stuttering/tearing issues.)
What the New Wi-Fi 6 Standard Brings to Wireless Networking
2016 LG OLED TV 65"/77" G6P 05.30.55 Update
Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- How to AirPlay Audio.
- How to set up and use the Home app.
- How to AirPlay video and mirror your device's screen.
- How to Add and manage TVs and speakers in the Home app.
- Ask Siri to play and control video from your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.