News Archive for Tuesday October 11, 2011:
Macs | CPU Upgrades | Video | Storage | Audio | Apps/OS/Network | Contact
Miss a Day?
See the Archives.
= Recent Articles and Reviews =
|iTunes 10.5 released (w/iCloud support, Wireless Sync):|
(Available for download at www.apple.com/itunes/download/)
What's new in iTunes 10.5
- iTunes in the Cloud. iTunes now stores your music and TV purchases in iCloud and makes them available on your devices anywhere, any time, at no additional cost.
- Automatic Downloads. Purchase music from any device or computer and automatically download a copy to your Mac and iOS devices.
- Download Previous Purchases. Download your past music, TV, app, and book purchases again, at no additional cost. Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
- Sync with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iOS 5.
- Wi-Fi Syncing. Automatically sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes any time they're both on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Mac OS X version 10.5 or later
- Safari 4.0.3 or later
- QuickTime 7.6 or later; Support for HE-AAC requires QuickTime 7.6.4 or later
- 200MB of available disk space
- HD TV episodes can only be rented in the United States
- Windows XP SP2 or later, Vista 32 bit, Windows 7 32 bit
- 64 bit editions of Windows requires iTunes 10.5 Windows 64-bit version: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1427.
- Mac computer with an Intel, PowerPC G5 or G4 processor
- 1.0GHz PowerPC G4 or faster processor is required to play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store
- 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras from the iTunes Store
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras
Apple today also has a doc on Troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi Syncing.
Here's the doc with info About the security content of iTunes 10.5 has long list of fixes included for windows - security fixes for OS X are either already in or being fixed as part of separate updates for OS X soon.
(From the notes on the security issues fixed, I hope this might address some of the previously reported cases of hijacked itunes store accounts.)
Update/FYI: On Wednesday Apple released Security Update 2006-011 for OS X 10.6.x and OS X 10.7.2 that include several important security fixes related to itunes store and appleid/acct password security. iOS 5 was also released with several major security fixes. See Wednesday's news.
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Doc Updates:
|Previous Articles/Tips/Tweaks/Reviews - Listing/links to articles, tips and reviews you may have missed.|
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 10 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / AUDIO =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases & More
NuGuard KX iPhone Case *Extreme* Drop Tested!