|Archive of July 29th to August 2nd, 2019 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/HT | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update released|
Update - Apple revised this Supplemental Update on Aug. 26th, 2019.
There are now more bug fixes plus a security fix. Download size increased to 1GB+.
(the original post from August 1st release follows.)
From the August 1st download page for macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update:
"Download macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update (954.8 MB)
(HT201222 is Apple's security updates listing - nothing on this update there at post time.)
The macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Supplemental Update fixes an issue that may prevent certain Macs from waking from sleep properly.
For detailed information about the security content of this update, please visit: https://support.apple.com/kb/HT201222"
|Nvidia Graphics Driver Updates for macOS 10.13.6 and 10.12.6|
Info/Downloads of Nvidia Graphics Driver Updates for macOS 10.13.6 and macOS 10.12.6.
(These are driver updates for the July 29th rerelease of Security Update 2019-004 builds.)
|Apple reissues Security Update 2019-004 for macOS 10.13.6 and 10.12.6 (July 29th)|
Apple has posted a (hopefully fixed) reissue of Security Update 2019-004 for macOS 10.13.6 and 10.12.6. I've restored the download page links for them in the July 22nd OS updates page. (The download pages are now dated July 29th, but I think they should have named them -004 v1.1 or v2.)
To save you a click, here's the download pages (now dated July 29th with the revised update):
(This update will be a later macOS build number, which means users of Nvidia's web graphics drivers will need another driver update for any user that installs it. I've now updated the page of Mac Nvidia driver updates with new downloads for the July 29th release Security Update 2019-004 builds.)
For anyone wanting to check for feedback before installing, here's links to Apple's forums for High Sierra and Sierra. (I saw some early reports that the revised update fixed problems seen with the original release. I saw one post from a 2012 Mac Pro owner that said the new update caused boot problems, which made me wonder if he had an Nvidia card with the previous drivers installed.)
Update problem from RAID boot drive
I had a report of problems (hangs at install restart) with this update from a user booting from RAID. Not able to ask him directly, but if possible - try the update run from a non-RAID drive. (Good to have a clone of your boot drive as well as a backup.) Not sure it applies to this update, but firmware updates won't work from a RAID boot drive. (Also some have had problems with firmware updates if not run from the onboard drive controller.)
If you're not able to use a non-RAID drive, try the update run from a safe boot. Also see if there's any useful info in the logs and if there's any 3rd party drivers or extensions that might be a factor.
After seeing several reports from T1/T2 chip Macs that had problems with the original update saying even an erase and reinstall from a Time Machine backup didn't fix the kernel panics made me wonder if there was a chip firmware update included. (Two of them said an upgrade to Mojave solved the wake from sleep kernel panics, and the Mojave upgrade included a firmware update.)
= from my sponsor =
|Apple/Products related News, Tips, Updates, Op-Ed, PR
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates|
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
= from my sponsor =
OWC's Clearance/Garage Sale has parts, upgrades and more.
RAM, Enclosures, Repair Parts and also Macs
|Other News, Software Updates, and Reviews|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software and driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
July 22nd to 26th, 2019 News Archive
- macOS 10.14.6, Security Updates for 10.13.6/10.12.6, Safari 12.1.2 (Info/Downloads)
- Apple Pulls Security Update 2019-004 (for both 10.13.6 and 10.12.6)
- Nvidia web Graphics Driver Update for macOS 10.13.6
- Nvidia web Graphics Driver Update for macOS 10.12.6
- iOS 12.4, iOS 10.3.4, iOS 9.3.6, tvOS 12.4, watchOS 5.3, Apple TV 7.3.1 Updates
- Safari Technology Preview 88 Release Notes (D/L for Mojave and Catalina)
- How to Create a Bootable macOS Catalina Installer
- Pixelmator Pro version 1.4 (Hummingbird)
- GeekBench 4.4.1 released
- Company of Heroes 2 updated with community-driven Commanders
- Apple MacBook Air (2019) review: the new normal
- How to Upgrade/Replace the SATA Drive in a 21.5-inch iMac (2019)
- Apple to acquire the majority of Intel's smartphone modem business
- Pro Audio: Comparing the Best DAW Software Options for Recording
- Updates Fix Vulnerabilities in Multiple VPN Applications
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super Review
- Kingston KC2000 M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- Apple Support/Troubleshooting/How-To Article Updates:
- What's new in the updates for macOS Mojave
- About the security content of Safari 12.1.2
- Security content of macOS 10.14.6, Security Update 2019-004 for 10.12.6/10.13.6
- About the security content of iOS 12.4
- About the security content of tvOS 12.4
- About the security content of watchOS 5.3
- About the security content of iTunes 12.9.6 for Windows
- About the security content of iCloud for Windows 10.6
- About the security content of iCloud for Windows 7.13
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!