|Archive of December 2nd to 6th, 2019 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 Update|
Pixelmator Pro version 1.5.3 (for macOS 10.13 or later, with 64-bit processor) adds "some major performance improvements to Auto Save, includes a new Show Source Marker option for the Clone tool, and brings a few important fixes". (See linked app store page or Pixelmator Pro updates page for more details.)
= from my sponsor =
|Firefox 71.0 and Firefox ESR 68.3.0 Updates|
The Firefox 71.0 release notes lists improvements to Lockwise (integrated password manager) and Enhanced Tracking Protection, Native MP3 decoding on macOS/Linux/Windows, new kiosk mode functionality, security fixes and more.
Firefox ESR 68.3.0 includes fixes to improve performance and stability, plus security fixes.
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR (later added first)
|Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates|
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
|Other News, Tips, Reviews, OT
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software and driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
November 18th to 22nd, 2019 News Archive
- DisplayLink v5.2.1 USB Software Update for macOS Catalina & Mojave
- Install Tips for DisplayLink Software on MacOS Catalina
- Safari Technology Preview 96 download/release notes
- Pixelmator Pro 1.5.2 has a long list of fixes/improvements
- Thunderbolt 3 and USB-C Difference and Which You Should Use
- Guide to Using an External Drive as Your Startup Drive: Part 1
- Apple Breaks Ground on New Austin Campus, Begins Production of New Mac Pro
- Apple expands Everyone Can Code with more coding resources
- Adobe Adds Features to iPad Photoshop App After Early Criticism
- iTunes U 3.7.4 update ("minor stability improvements")
- IOS 13.2.3 and iPadOS 13.2.3 Update Release Notes
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!