|Archive of December 9th to 13th, 2019 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Apple's DIY Repair and Upgrade Guides for 2019 Mac Pro
Below are Guides to Apple Pro Display XDR Setup & Using Multiple Displays with 2019 Mac Pro:
I've added these as a 2019 Mac Pro section in our page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips.
= from my sponsor =
|Nvidia Graphics Driver Update for macOS 10.13.6 (build w/Security Update 2019-007)|
Dec. 12th, 2019 download page of graphics driver 322.214.171.124.40.133 for macOS 10.13.6.
(No build number listed, but assumed for Dec. 10th Security Update 2019-007 build.)
As before, download page info includes this installation note.
"Installation Note: The installer requires System Preferences to be launched during the installation process. Do not manually close System Preferences until after clicking Allow in the Security & Privacy Preferences, later in the process.
The "Additional Information" tab on the download page has a step-by-step install guide.
The installer also requires rebooting the system after the installation process. Do not launch any other applications until the process is complete and the system has been rebooted.
New in Release 3126.96.36.199.40.133"
(No new info, same notes on D/L page as previous drivers, so I won't repeat it here.)
If you can't select the page's 'Accept' terms/conditions button, here's a direct download link.
(As of post time, the download page's CUDA link goes to CUDA 418.105 from Feb. 27th, but the latest download as of 12/12/2019 is CUDA 418.163 from May 10th, 2019 or check for a CUDA update in the Nvidia prefs.)
|macOS Catalina 10.15.2, Security Updates for Mojave and High Sierra|
macOS 10.15.2 (19C57) available via software update or download links below.
For a list of changes and fixes, see info in what's new in macOS Catalina article.
Also released are Security Update 2019-002 Mojave, and Security Update 2019-007 High Sierra. Here's the article on security fixes in 10.15.2 and security updates 2019-002/2019-007. See below for info on Safari 13.0.4, included in macOS 10.15.2, available for macOS 10.14.6/10.13.6.
If you use Nvidia's web graphics drivers for 10.13.6, the Security Update new build number requires a driver update. (See above Dec. 12 driver update, also added to Video topics page.)
Tip for eGPU Problems with macOS 10.15.2
Many eGPU users reported problems after the macOS 10.15.2 update. One tip to try is booting with the eGPU Turned OFF, then wait 30 seconds before turning the eGPU On.
= from my sponsor =
OWC's Clearance/Garage Sale has parts, upgrades and more.
RAM, Enclosures, Repair Parts, and also Macs
|Safari 13.0.4, iOS/iPadOS 13.3, iOS 12.4.4, tvOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.1, watchOS 5.3.4|
|Final Cut Pro X 10.4.8, Logic Pro X 10.4.8, Compressor 4.4.6, Motion 5.4.5 Updates
|Xcode 11.3 Update (new features/bug fixes/security fix)|
Apple Xcode 11.3 (for macOS 10.14.4 or later) supports developing apps for iOS 13.3, iPadOS 13.3, tvOS 13.3, watchOS 6.1.1, and macOS Catalina 10.15.2.
Xcode 11.3 also includes security fixes.
- Adds simulator support for Touch Bar (2nd generation).
- Additional bug fixes and stability improvements.
|TechTool Pro 11.0.6 Update|
Micromat TechTool Pro 11.0.6 (use in app update check) lists these changes:
- Added MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) support.
- Added APFS snapshot progress support to the Volume Structures test.
- Added dynamic Wi-Fi speed support in the Network dial.
- Added support for detecting USB 3.1 (10 Gbps) in the USB dial.
- Added a requested starting block field for the Surface Scan test.
- Fixed disabled Remove eDrive button when an eDrive is present.
- Fixed Dark Mode display issue in the Protogo window.
- Fixed Volume Structures test to handle 2 or more APFS volumes when a part of the same APFS Container.
- Fixed issue in which Wi-Fi connected Time Machine volumes could display in TechTool Protection system preference.
- Fixed a permissions issue with the spdKernel extension for the Memory Test.
- Improved latency when displaying the SMART Check test results graphic.
- Additional support for iOS and iPadOS 13 devices in the Battery Check test.
- Updated Memory Test results display to use a table view.
- Updated SMART Check test to accurately identify external NVMe SMART capable drives.
- Updated Processor Check information for recently released Macintosh models.
- Updated Bonjour services information for the Local Network tool.
- Updated machine identification strings for Check Computer.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements.
Also released, Micromat MachineProfile 1.3.11 update (use in-app update check)
- Added 16-inch, 2019 MacBook Pro support.
- Added 96 Watt USB-C Power Adapter identification.
- Updated machine and location identification strings.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements.
|Microsoft Office for Mac (365/2019) Update|
Microsoft Office for Mac (365/2019) Version 16.32 (19120802)
- See December 10th release notes. (Includes security fixes for Excel and PowerPoint.)
|Security Updates for Adobe Acrobat and Reader, Photoshop, Brackets, ColdFusion|
December 10th Adobe security bulletins on updates for Acrobat and Reader (APSB19-55),
Photoshop (APSB19-56), Brackets (APSB19-57), and ColdFusion (APSB19-58).
|Apple/Products related News, Tips, Updates, PR (later added first)
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software and driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archive Summary:
December 2nd to 6th, 2019 News Archive
- Mac Pixelmator Pro 1.5.3 Update
- Firefox 71.0 and Firefox ESR 68.3.0 Updates
- 2019 16-inch MacBook Pro: First Impressions and Benchmarks
- Using the LG UltraFine 5K Display with a 16-inch MacBook Pro
- Using an External Drive as Your Startup Drive: Part 2
- Apple's Best of 2019 Winners (apps, games, trends)
- Apple announces first ever Apple Music Awards
- Apple Explains Mysterious iPhone 11 Location Requests
- Apple Clips iOS app version 2.0.7 (for iOS 13 or later)
- Apple at NeurIPS 2019 (apple machine learning)
- Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More
NuGuard KX Cases
*Extreme* Drop Tested!