|Archive of Nov. 30th to December 4th, 2020 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|Little Snitch version 5.0.4 Update|
Dec. 1st dated Little Snitch 5.0.4 update for macOS Big Sur.
The release notes lists improvements, bug fixes and known issues.
(The "Known Issues" list with Big Sur 11.0.1 notes 2 items are fixed in macOS 11.1.
And lists incompatibile 3rd party software, including security related apps & Ad blockers.)
|Apple Pro Display XDR Firmware Update 4.2.30|
Info from Apple's What's new in firmware updates for the Pro Display XDR.
Display Firmware 4.2.30
The article includes how to check your display firmware version.
- Adds support for in-field recalibration of the display using Pro Display XDR Calibrator. Enables specific color workflows that may require custom calibration by an in-house spectroradiometer. Learn more.
- Minor stability improvements.
Requires macOS 10.15.6 or later.
(If your XDR Display Presets are missing after an update, see this tip.)
|Micromat MachineProfile 1.4.1 Update|
Changes in MachineProfile version 1.4.1 (use in-app update check):
- Updated for macOS 11 "Big Sur" support.
- Added Apple Silicon processor support.
- Added MacBook Air (M1, 2020) support.
- Added MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020) support.
- Added Mac mini (M1, 2020) support.
- Now requires OS X 10.9 'Mavericks' or greater.
- Fixed generic volume icon issue in Drives tab.
- Updated machine and location identification strings.
- Other minor fixes and enhancements.
|iPhone 11 Display Replacement Program for Touch Issues|
Apple has a iPhone 11 Display Module Replacement Program for Touch Issues.
Here's a clip from the program page:
"Apple has determined that a small percentage of iPhone 11 displays may stop responding to touch due to an issue with the display module. Affected devices were manufactured between November 2019 and May 2020.
See linked program page for details on the service process.
If your iPhone 11 has been exhibiting this issue, please use the serial number checker (on linked page) to see if your device is eligible for this program. If so, Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider will provide service, free of charge."
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR
|This week's Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
- How to use safe mode on your Mac (updated for M1 Macs)
- Booting in Safe mode is a common troubleshooting tip.
(Safe Mode doesn't use non-essential drivers/addons, deletes caches, etc.)
- How to Play audio in Dolby Atmos or surround sound on your Apple TV
- How to Use AirPlay to stream audio
- How to create a bootable installer for macOS
- Covers Big Sur to El Capitan.
- How to Back up Final Cut Pro X 10.1 or later
- Apple web server notifications (security fixes)
- iMovie for macOS supported Cameras
- Mac Startup Key Combinations (for Intel-based Macs)
- How to identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad
- Cameras supported by Final Cut Pro X
- What's new in Apple Configurator 2.13.3 (was called 2.13.2)
- Supports Big Sur/M1 Macs. See requirements for this version.
- How to get old versions of macOS
(Replaces previous separate articles on how to upgrade to older OS versions.)
- If you can't back up or restore your Mac using Time Machine
- Identify your MacBook Air model
- About Startup Security Utility (for Macs with Apple T2 Chip)
- Obtaining service for your Apple product after an expired warranty
- was titled "Vintage and Obsolete products".
- Safely open apps on your Mac
- Identify your Apple wireless mouse, keyboard, or trackpad
- How to use function keys on MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- If you can't make a FaceTime call on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- How to use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software/driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
|Previous News Archives:|
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
= Popular Links =
Dual M.2 NVMe
SSD PCIe Card
(Mac Pro 5,1)
LG OLED TV Firmware
LG OLED TV Tips
Audio/Home Theater Updates
TV, AVR, and Disc Player Tips