|Archive of September 28 to October 2, 2020 News Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | Tips/OS Updates/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
|macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update|
I've not seen a download page for it (yet), but Apple's released a Supplemental Update for macOS 10.14.6. The article about security content of macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update simply says "macOS 10.14.6 Supplemental Update for macOS Mojave includes the security content of Safari 14.0."
And as of Oct. 2, the download page for Security Update 2020-005 (Mojave) is back online.
(I'm sure many are leery of trying it again. Check Apple's Mojave forum for feedback.)
|Nvidia Graphics Driver Update for macOS 10.13.6 (build w/Security Update 2020-005)|
See details and download
(Previous macOS Nvidia drivers are on our Mac Nvidia Drivers downloads page.)
|TechTool Pro 12.0.4 Update|
Micromat TechTool Pro 12.0.4 (use in app update check) lists these changes:
- Added support for iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020).
- Fixes and updates the to Battery Check test to address reported crashes.
- Fixed reported issues with eDrive during the Partitioning phase.
- Fixed reported TechTool Pro Daemon crash for Macs with NVMe hard drives.
- Fixed a reported eDrive and TechTool Protogo booting issue for macOS 10.14 Mojave users.
- Fixed eDrive to better handle CoreStorage volumes which are encrypted and/or case-sensitive.
- Fixed detection issue of certain FaceTime internal cameras for the Video tool.
- Added T2 controller chip detection notification into eDrive and TechTool Protogo.
- Updated TechTool Pro 12 PDF Manual for English, French, German and Japanese localization.
- Updated English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified) localization.
- Updated databases for the Processor Check and Local Network tools.
- Updated location and machine identification strings for Check Computer.
- Other minor updates and enhancements.
|Firefox 81.0.1 Update|
October 1st posted Firefox 81.0.1 release notes lists many bug fixes and improvements.
|Security Update 2020-005 Mojave and Safari 14.0 Pulled (now Back again)|
(Update - as of Oct. 2nd check, the download page for Security Update 2020-005 is back online.)
Late posting this (not running Mojave), but JMan sent a note that due to problems reported, Apple pulled Security Update 2020-005 Mojave, and Safari 14.0 (for Mojave at least).
(He later said he had to reinstall 10.14.6, and later reapplied the updates OK.)
I disabled the Security Update 2020-005 Mojave download link (page was pulled) on last week's updates and added a note on the archived page post on Safari 14.0.
(I restored the link on Oct. 2nd after download page back online again.)
|Apple/Products related News, Updates, Tips, PR (later added first)|
|This week's Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Article Updates
Page of How-To, Troubleshooting & Tips for Mac/OS X/iOS Users from Airplay to Thunderbolt.
|Other News, Reviews, Software Updates, and Tips (later added first)|
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software/driver updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
|Previous News Archives:|
For links to older news pages, see the Archives.
= Popular Links =
Dual M.2 NVMe
SSD PCIe Card
(Mac Pro 5,1)
LG OLED TV Firmware
LG OLED TV Tips
Audio/Home Theater Updates
TV, AVR, and Disc Player Tips