Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/WiFi
= Recent Articles/Updates =
(Send Your Tips, Upgrade Reports, Questions to news at xlr8yourmac.com)
|Reader's Benchmarks with Nvidia macOS 10.13.6 driver & GTX-1050 Ti card|
Bill sent GeekBench, Metal, OpenCL and Unigine Valley and Heaven scores with the Nvidia web driver for macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (see Mac Nvidia Drivers page) used with a GTX-1050 Ti card in his Hackintosh.
"MacOS 10.13.6 (17G65) with nVidia Web Driver 318.104.22.168.40.105.
Attached are Geekbench CPU, Metal, and OpenCL scores, and Unigine Heaven and Valley graphics scores for my Mini-ITX Hackintosh running under Mac OS 10.13.6 (Build 17G65). No problems after updating today.
- CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 ("Coffeelake" 3.2 Ghz, 6-core, 65 watt TDP)
- CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9i
- Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI Mini-ITX
- Memory (RAM): Kingston 16 GB DDR4 kit (3000 MHz)
- Storage: Crucial M500 500 GB SATA SSD (2 ea)
- Graphics: Gigabyte nVidia GTX 1050 Ti (low profile, 4096 MB VRAM)
- Optical Drive: Pioneer BDXL Bu-ray writer/player
- Case: Thermaltake SD 101
- Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 (Build 17G65)
- Graphics Driver: nVidia version 322.214.171.124.40.105
- Benchmarks: Geekbench v 4.2.3 and Unigine 4 "Heaven" and "Valley"
- UEFI firmware is AMI version F4 for the Z370N-WIFI motherboard.
- The supplied "SMBIOS" is "iMac 18,3" (matches Apple's latest iMac hardware pretty well.)
See below. Please note that although the graphics card's video memory is 4096 MB, in the results window of "Heaven" and Valley" it is incorrectly listed as 256 MB. Andrew Balun at Unigine stated that nevertheless, the results (frames per second) are accurate.
(System info on Metal / OpenCL images removed - included in GeekBench CPU scores)
Thanks Bill. (His previous macOS/driver Unigine benchmarks are linked on the Video Topics page.)
= Back to Current News =
= From my Sponsor, your click matters =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Recent Updates, Tips, DIY Upgrades and Repairs:|
List of Updates, DIY Upgrades, Repair Articles, Tips and more you may have missed. (Topics range from OS/software updates and troubleshooting, to hardware upgrades and repairs.)
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= UPGRADES by Model =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= Refurb Mac Pros =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 4TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HDs & DIY Kits =
Notebook Hard Drives and DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Graphics cards, Displays, Adapters, Cables & more
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
WiFi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Accessories, Cases, Docks & More