News Archive for Friday, Sept. 27th, 2013 Go to Current News Page|
Mac Upgrades/Mods | Storage | Video | Audio/Home Theater | macOS Updates/Tips/Wi-Fi
= Recent Updates/Articles =
|Tips for Problems/Errors Restoring an Apple TV (USB Cable) |
Latest Info from Apple. (I had already posted the basic Guide to Restoring Apple TV.) After problems with the recent Apple TV update, some had been able to restore their Apple TV, others not. I realize some owners already know/tried these tips, but posting as a FYI to anyone that doesn't.
Unable to restore Apple TV using iTunes
When attempting to restore your Apple TV in iTunes, you may see the following:
- Apple TV doesn't appear in iTunes
- An alert appears indicating Restore Error 1611 or Restore Error 1603
Some micro-USB cables that are bundled with products or accessories may only support charging those products (and not transmitting data) or they may work only with the product with which they were sold. Using one of these cables to restore your Apple TV may cause the issues above.
To resolve these issues, please try these basic restore steps first. If the issue persists, continue with the following advanced troubleshooting steps.
- Temporarily disconnect any unnecessary USB devices from your computer, leaving only your Apple TV, the micro-USB cable, and a keyboard and mouse, if necessary.
- Restart your computer and try to restore again.
- If the issue persists, try using a different micro-USB cable if possible. If you don't have another micro-USB cable, your local Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider can assist you in restoring your Apple TV.
|2006 Mac Mini T7400 (2.16GHz) Core2Duo CPU Upgrade:|
Added another early (Core Solo) Mini owner's notes on a Core 2 Duo CPU swap (T7400/2.16GHz on the second swap) to our page on 2006-08 Mac Mini CPU/EFI/Lion Upgrades. (The Pre-2009 Mac Minis had a socketed CPU. Page includes Info on take-aparts, upgrades and replacement nylon Heatsink retaining pins in case they're broken during the CPU swap.)
|Apple/products related News/PR/Tips/Reviews
* While on the subject of sleep/wake issues, our notes/tips on Drive Sleep/Eject Problems w/OS X 10.8.5 also includes a recap/tip on late model Minis/iMacs going into hibernate after hours of sleep, despite hibernate mode disabled and being desktops/AC powered. (I still see posts in apple's forums sometimes on this, with comments like their mac mini/imac won't wake or turns off after hours of sleep.)
|Updated Apple Support/How-To/Troubleshooting Articles:
Listing/links of updates, mod/upgrade articles, tips and reviews you might have missed.
= From my Sponsor =
More Memory = A Faster Mac
Use our memory guide to see how much RAM your Mac can use and the cost.
Our installation videos make this a simple "DIY" job for almost any Mac.
Or Search for Upgrades for Your specific Mac Model
|Previous News Archives:|
For links to past news pages, see the Archives.
OWC XYM SPECIALS!
= MAC UPGRADES =
Upgrades for YOUR Mac!
= New/Used Macs =
(Click for Current List)
= SSDs up to 8TB =
SSDs for Most Macs!
= ThunderBolt =
Drives, Docks & More
= HARD DRIVES =
Up to 12 TB HDD
HGST, WD, Seagate, Toshiba
= 2.5" HD DIY Kits =
Notebook Drives & DIY drive/case kit bundles
= MEMORY =
Lifetime warranty RAM Upgrades!
= OPTICAL DRIVES =
Internal and External Superdrives/Blu-Ray drives
= VIDEO / DISPLAY =
Video cards, Displays, Adapters, & Cables
= AUDIO ITEMS =
Interfaces, Cables, Software, Speakers, Headphones & more
= SOFTWARE =
Apps, Utilities, OS, VM, Games and more
= WIRELESS =
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Devices/Adapters/More
= Repair Service =
for iPhone, iPad, Macs
= iPad/iPhone/iPod =
Docks & More
= NuGuard KX Cases =
*Extreme* Drop Tested!